BUCKINGHAMSHIRE ROYAL ARCH QUIZ
Win a bottle of whisky correct answers to be put into a draw on the 30th April 2020.
Roger Perry 27 out of 28 Wins a bottle of whisky
Peter Harborne 26 out of 28 Wins a bottle of wine
Stan Green 22 out of 28 Wins a bottle of wine
- From which book was the quotation first published “The Royal Arch, I firmly believe to be the root and marrow of masonry”? Ahiman Rezon
- Where was a Grand Chapter of All England Held on Sunday 27th May 1778? York Cathedral
- Who on the 11th March 1875 was appointed as Grand Superintendent of the joint Province of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire? Daniel Gooch.
- Who compiled and edited the first Buckinghamshire Masonic Handbook and Calendar? Henry Jowett.
- What is the name of the Chapter, The Rev. John Studholme Brownrigg, Provincial Grand Superintendent from 1881 to 1930 was exalted? St George.s Chapter of Dublin.
- Which Chapter was consecrated in 1891 at The Angler’s Rest, Wraysbury? Dagmar
- Which Chapter was consecrated on the 5th of April 1939? Misbourne
- E Comp Major A.G.T. Smith, Grand Superintendent 1945 to 1954, consecrated five Chapters in Buckinghamshire, name them? Cowper & Newton, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire First Principals, River and Marlow Chapter.
- Which Grand Superintendent was Chairman of a Publishing Company? S. Frere, C.B.E. M.A.
- Which Grand Superintendent was held as a prisoner of war for a long period? Howard G. Potts, M.B.E., T.D.
- Sir Ralph B. Verney, Bt., K.B.E., D.L. Grand Superintendent 1965 to 1991, was unable to consecrate Royal Thames Chapter, on the 17th of February, 1979, why? Abroad on Government Business.
- The first Royal Arch Chapter was formed in 1865, in which town? Lindslade
- Which Grand Superintendent, held the Annual Provincial Convocation at his home? Sir Ralph B. Verney, Bt., K.B.E., D.L
- At the Annual Convocation in 1969, what did Provincial Grand Standard Bearer and the Provincal Sword Bearer carry when processing in with the MEGS to open the Convocation? The PGStB carrying the colours of the Buckinghamshire Regiment borne at Waterloo and the ProvGSwdB a sword used at Edgehill.
- Which Chapter presented to the Province in 1974 sceptre which are still in use at our annual convocations? Hundreds of Stoke Chapter.
- Which Chapters made and presented the Provincial Standard? Dagmar and Hundred of Stoke.
- Who made the Provincial candle snuffer and taper holder? David Symons.
- What happened to St. Barnabas Chapter? It changed its name to Bowen Chapter.
- Where was Provincial Chapter held in 1895? ETON
- Which Chapter has the same number as the year it was consecrated? Herschel
- Why are there five arrows in the logo of Ferdinand de Rothchild Chapter. The Lodge was consecrated at the Five Arrows Hotel, Waddeston which took the emblem of Rothchild family each feather commemorating Rothchild’s five sons.
- Which chapter was consecrated in 1895 at the Cristopher Hotel, Eton? Bevan
- In 1951 William Booth M.A. headmaster of Sir William Borlase School was exalted into a Buckinghshire Royal Arch Chapter, which one? Marlow.
- Who was exalted on the 6th July 1909 and on the 4th of October 1910, presented a Grand Chapter Certificate and was then installed as J,H, and MEZ at the same meeting? The Earl of Orkney.
- The Grenfell Chapter was conscrated on the 23rd of September 1909 at the Dumb Bell Hotel, Taplow, Buckinhamshire Why was the Hotel called “The Dumb Bell”? It was a railway station and the bell used to announce the arrival of a Train, when no longer used as a station and as hotel the bell was not used.
- Which Chapter was consecrated on the anniversary birth of the poet Robert Burns ? Marlow Valley.
- Which Chapter in the past held its Festive Boards at The Cavalry and Guards Club? Methuen
- Which Chapter took its name from one of its founders? Stephens, Oliver, Addington and Bevan.