The Royal Arch Vision Club is a brand new initiative from Buckinghamshire Royal Arch to encourage and support newly exalted Companions in their knowledge and understanding of our wonderful order. It aims to explain aspects of the ceremony that the candidate has been through, provide a history of the meaning, and give all members – new and established – a platform help them learn.
Officially launched in February 2020 and supported by the Buckinghamshire Craft North East Corner Club (NECC) the Royal Arch Vision Club (RAVC) is run by its members, and over the years will develop and evolve. A small group of senior Royal Arch members have set up the initiative under the leadership of Nick Wilson, Provincial Grand Almoner and Stan Green, Third Provincial Grand Principal.
Any member of the Royal Arch will be able to join the RAVC. Events will be held twice a year, once in the north and once in the south of the Province. It is hoped however that the focus will be companions who have not yet reached the Principals Chairs.
The purpose of the club’s role is as follows:
- To help newly exalted companions understand more about the Royal Arch’s history, its rituals, along with the story and meaning contained therein.
- To help members understand where it fits in the Masonic story.
- To meet as a group of interested companions to discuss topics of interest, share information and arrange suitable and interesting trips and visits.
- To help companions have the right information along with the confidence to discuss their membership with Craft Masons who have not taken the fourth step in their Masonic Journey yet. To become an ambassador for the Royal Arch.
- To listen to newly exalted Companions, give feedback to the Royal Arch executive, positives and negatives, which can and will be actioned.
- In short, a club run by its members for the benefit of its members.
Due to the ongoing restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, events are currently on hold, but you can keep up to date by joining the RAVC Facebook Page – simply search for “Royal Arch Vision Club” and answer the simple question to be automatically approved. Regular posts will keep you informed of what is going on, with a few snippets of learning that we hope you will find of interest.
For more info, email: email@example.com.